[TowerTalk] FW: Moxon rectangles

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 26 00:57:09 EST 2005

> K4SB WROTE
> > However, if you use an electrical 1/2 wave line connected to the
> > antenna, the impedence of the antenna will reflect exactly at the MFJ.
--------
Jim Lux wrote
> Mind you, making a piece of coax that is 180 degrees (or an exact multiple)
> for an entire band is a bit of a challenge.

I did not speak of trying to cover an entire band. By definition, an
electrical 1/2
wave is that at only 1 frequency.

As a matter of course, every 1/2 wave line I have is cut for 25 kHz up
from the bottom of the band.

Now, does that make everyone happy? Or is there more nitpicking to
come?

73
Ed