[TowerTalk] Wet setting conduit?

Craig Sande ae7i at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 13:29:43 EST 2005

I am planning a tower base pour and my contractor has already dug the hole, framed it, and inserted the base.  When it comes to placement of the conduit, he has suggested "wet setting" the conduit sweeps.  The way he described it to me is that rather than creating a trench to the base ahead of time and bracing the conduit, he plans on partially filling the hole with concrete, then submerging the conduit sweep to the wall of the hole with some form of foam protective cap.  Then after the concrete has fully set, he will trench down along the side of the concrete base, ream out the protective foam cap, and extend the conduit to the house, ground trenches, etc.

Has anyone ever heard of this technique?  I've tried to find information on the internet without much success.

Thanks,

Craig, AE7I