[TowerTalk] Wet setting conduit?

Craig Sande ae7i at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 20:30:12 EST 2005

I will check with the engineer to see if this would be ok with him.  Since the actual hole size turned out much larger than the designed size, I believe that the excess concrete will compensate for the minor incursion of the conduits (a one inch conduit for power, a three inch conduit for coaxial cable and control lines, and three 1 inch conduits for the ground radials).

Craig, AE7I

Craig Lekutis <craiglekutis at wirelessestimator.com> wrote:
Craig:
Most design engineers will not allow conduit within the foundation structure
to accommodate transmission lines or other conductors. Some designs will
allow a modified Ufer grounding system to be run through the foundation
where the ground wire will run through pvc in lieu of it running through the
concrete. This is typically a small diameter PVC to be able to accept a
maximum 4/0 wire.
Regards,
Craig
http://www.wirelessestimator.com