[TowerTalk] Relay Specs - Coax switch

Paul Playford paul at w8aef.com
Thu Mar 31 23:25:40 EST 2005

I built a remote antenna relay box 9 years ago using Radio Shack DPDT relays
with contacts rated at 10 amps (I paralled the contacts).  Works fine and
running full power.  Drove the 2KD-3 at 150 watts for 1500 watts output and
I run 1500 watts out of my Alpha (76A with a pair of 3CX800A7's).

I did destroy the 160m relay when I blew the insulator on my base loaded
Hytower.  No further problems after I changed the Hytower to top loading on
160.

Other than that, no problems.

de Paul, W8AEF