[TowerTalk] which antenna should go first?

Daniel Hileman n9wx_dan at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 17:08:53 EDT 2005

Ok Guys,

I'm getting ready to put up a tower with a Hy-gain 2
ele 40m yagi on it, and also a KLM KT-34XA..the
question is...which one should go on the bottom? The
KLM is about 10 Sq ft and 76lbs...where as the 2 ele
40m beam is 6 sq ft.   I am assuming the KLM should be
on the bottom since it is heavier and more wind
load...but with the 40+  foot elements on the 40m
Hy-gain, I thought I'd ask your  expert opinions.

Thanks,

Daniel N9WX