[TowerTalk] polyrod

Roger K8RI on Tower k8ri-tower at charter.net
Mon May 2 23:35:23 EDT 2005

Just as a point of interest on color and heat.

In a glass covered solar heater using Forest Green as the color on the
heating element, if the water flow stops, I believe the resting temperature
of the element will be around 340 to 380 F.

I've seen bare aluminum plate 4' X 8' X 1" think (that's heavy!) that had
been left laying on the pavement in front of the shop where I used to work
get so hot that a cup of water thrown on it would hiss as it turned into
steam.  It was like throwing water onto a hot frying pan.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com