[TowerTalk] Rotor

wf3h@comcast.net wf3h at comcast.net
Thu May 12 12:26:27 EDT 2005

I had a Pro67B at 75' with a Ringo Ranger above that. My Ham IV lasted 15 years until I took it down last year...no problems at all. I had CATS put in the 'unbreakable' break.  The system went thru many 60-70 mph windstorms.  I did not pin the mast to the rotator, though some have done that.  That doesn't make sense to me since it's easier to re-align the beam when necessary rather than repairing a sheared clamshell on the rotator.

Bob/WF3H