[TowerTalk] Serious RF Problem

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu May 12 23:03:17 EDT 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005 02:46:48 +0000, VR2BrettGraham wrote:

>Instead of grounding, look at decoupling -

I know you guys are tired of hearing it, but the answer is pin 1
problems in the ham gear and computers we use to the control the ham
gear. Now, choking stuff, as Brett describes, can help that. But the
best answer is to fix/work around the pin 1 problems, and, as Tom
Rauch reminds us, put the RF into antenna in a manner that it
doesn't bounce back down the line.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/publish

See the stuff on pin 1 problems, and also the stuff on ferrites and
RFI.

No more replies soon -- I'm on the road for the weekend.

73,

Jim Brown  K9YC