[TowerTalk] FW: FW: Passive VHF Satellite relay Antenna Scheme

Shannon Boal Kingsautomotive1 at alltel.net
Mon May 16 16:22:22 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph G Selfridge [mailto:selfrid at cns.ufl.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 4:11 PM
To: Shannon Boal
Subject: Re: FW: [TowerTalk] Passive VHF Satellite relay Antenna Scheme

A bit of yes, a bit of no. There was a receiver pointing to LA and the
repeater pointing towards China Lake, but there was a power source, an
independent diesel generator. I think a line was eventually run up the
hill.

I believe this was the first installed repeater anywhere, the legality was
never brought up (at least until the power line was run). I had seen some
TV at China Lake before the repeater, talk about 'snow'

Ralph