[TowerTalk] Stainless U-bolts for Cushcraft antennas

Bill VanAlstyne, W5WVO w5wvo at cybermesa.net
Wed May 18 11:38:00 EDT 2005

Keith,

Dunno. Others on the list may comment on zinc-aluminum contact interaction, if
there is any. But
I'd recommend staying with s/s parts, with the caveat that you use a good
anti-seize on the threads when assembling. They will last pretty much forever if
you do that. Penetrox works fine, as do most auto-shop anti-seize compounds.
Some will say to steer clear of anti-seize with copper flakes in it; I've never
encountered any problem with that type, but probably best to avoid it.

Bill