[TowerTalk] 220/240 volt soldering irons

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Wed May 18 14:07:31 EDT 2005

   From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson at sbcglobal.net>
   Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:04:36 -0500

   I carried a Pyropen on the flight(s) from Houston to Falkland Islands and
   back in checked luggage last November.  Was told not to charge it with
   butane but did anyway without consequence.

OTOH, the RAF, who do the security at Mt Pleasant, objected to loose AA
cells in my wife's baggage, and made her take them in her hand
baggage.  YMMV.

I have a 12V Weller which uses the standard range of TCP tips.  Since
12V at 2.5A is easily come by, this works for me.

   73, Keith NM5G