[TowerTalk] Mounting 4 square verticals

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed May 25 00:22:03 EDT 2005

douglas.snowden at med.va.gov said:
> for a 80m 4 square yet.  My question is:  If I put the pipe on 4X4
> pressure
> treated
> posts, do I need to worry about insulating them?  I would guess I would

I know you asked about the electrical issue, but at my QTH
this setup is guaranteed to fall over as soon as the ground
gets wet and a good wind storm happens.  At least with the
4x4 sunk 4 feet into the ground.  In fact, even a 12x12x48
inch post will get leaned over somewhat in a good storm (and
stay that way afterwards).  33 feet of 2 inch irrigation tubing has a
lot of moment in a stiff wind.

Rick N6RK