[TowerTalk] Antenna Separation

Fred Mott fredmottcpa at earthlink.net
Wed May 25 10:13:19 EDT 2005

Later this summer I will be installing a SteppIR  20 meters to 6 meters yagi on a 140 foot Rohn 45 and also a loop diamond shaped antenna (1 wavelength loop on 80 meters / ½ wavelength on 160).  Using graph paper it appears I can have the apex of the loop separated from the yagi up to 35 feet.  What separation (distance) would you recommend and how would the interaction between the 2 antennas affect the SteppIR yagi antenna performance? The guying will have # 502 insulators every 37 feet.  Fred, AB8AH