[TowerTalk] How far from the house?

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Wed May 25 10:47:06 EDT 2005

> > I also know, that there are millions (literally) of
towers
> > put within 4-5 feet, if not closer, to homes, with no
> > coupling issues.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

The accurate way to say that would be....

 I also know, that there are millions (literally) of towers
 put within 4-5 feet, if not closer, to homes, THAT HAVE
NEVER SUFFERED SEVERE DAMAGE ...BUT OF COURSE THEY MAY NEVER
HAVE BEEN HIT EITHER.

It makes perfect sense that planting a tower next to the
house is significantly worse than having it some distance
away. Even a small distance of a few feet is better than
bolted directly to the house.

I think the suggestion of some spacing is a good one, even
if the "required distance" is a number pulled out of an area
near someone's back pocket.

73 Tom