[TowerTalk] Crankup Tubular Tower Info

Dino Darling k6rix at earthlink.net
Sun May 29 14:28:09 EDT 2005

I have just picked up a US Tower MA-550.  In order to transport it, I disassembled it down to the last nut and bolt.  The way these things are built are VERY easy!  The construction done by US Tower is fantastic and you would be hard pressed to build one for less money than buying one ready to go.  They are galvanized IN and OUT!

Since I'm in a unique situation here as mine is completely disassembled, I will take a lot of pictures for you and provide you with dimensions.  If someone wants to host the pictures on a website, let me know.

There is something inside the top square piece that is slapping around.  I believe it to be a cable in order to properly space the 2" mast that extends into this top section.  I'm not sure as this section is welded shut on BOTH ends.

I also owned a 3 section Wilson and it was made a little different.

I have the free standing base and the tilt up fixture also

Dino - K6RIX