[TowerTalk] Rotor on AB577

Jerry K3BZ k3bz at arrl.net
Mon May 30 20:48:41 EDT 2005

The top cap on my AB577 tapers down to 2.75" OD, and with 1/2" wall
thickness the ID is 1.75".  A short piece of pipe will fit in the 1.75"
center hole.  Drill a hole thru the pipe to accept a 3.5" bolt so it extends
out , such that when you insert the pipe in the hole the bolt fits neatly
into the slot in the top cap. That holds the pipe "mast" and keeps it from
turning so you can mount your rotator on the pipe. Of course the bottom
clamp on some rotors (such as the AlfaSpid) will expand to fit 2.75" so you
can mount it directly onto the top cap, with the antenna mounted to a short
piece of pipe on the top.

Just some ideas.... 73,  Jerry K3BZ