[TowerTalk] Attaching Ground Braid

Richard Zalewski dick.w7zr at gmail.com
Tue May 31 12:12:46 EDT 2005

If I were to use 1/2" tinned braid for grounding straps between the "radio"
and my ground bus strap, what would be the preferred method of attaching the
braid to the radio and to the bus. It would seem to me that by crunching it
all up and then crimping on a lug that you might be defeating some of the
properties for using braid in the first place. I was thinking of tinning the
ends. Then drilling a hole then soldering on washers on either side of the
braid and attaching in that manner. Thoughts would be appreciated.

--
Tnx es 73
Dick W7ZR