[TowerTalk] insullating a tower from ground

Don Havlicek n8de at thepoint.net
Wed Nov 2 10:25:46 EST 2005

I've done just that using fiberglass rod to insulate the tower from the
base.
The rod is available in all diameters, so you should be able to find the
right size.
Just drill holes through the rod that will match the holes in your tower
legs and base ... and put the tower up!
Depending on the base you use, you might want to put a few dacron guy
lines on the tower to eliminate any possible destruction in winds.
Good luck
Don
N8DE