[TowerTalk] Twinlead- Zepp

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Thu Nov 3 21:47:55 EST 2005

>I don't think there is any such thing as a center-fed Zepp.

You said the ARRL antenna book says there is no such animal.  This is from
the ARRL lab page.  Wonder which is right?

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:4OSuBt9usOgJ:www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/9611073.pdf+%22center+fed+zepp%22&hl=en

A Figure 3 shows one of my favorite multiband dipoles. It goes by a variety
of names, the most common is probably "center-fed Zepp." A Figure 3 shows
one of my favorite multiband dipoles. It goes by a variety of names, the
most common is probably "center-fed Zepp." A Figure 3 shows one of my
favorite multiband dipoles. It goes by a variety of names, the most common
is probably "center-fed Zepp." "Figure 3 shows one of my favorite multi-band
dipoles.  The most common is probably 'center fed zepp.'  Other names
include the 'tuned doublet' and 'dipole with tuned feeders.'"

H'mmm, maybe I should just take mine down then.  And it has been working
fine, too.  Darn!!

Tom W7WHY