[TowerTalk] 80 meter quad loops

ersmar@comcast.net ersmar at comcast.net
Fri Nov 4 12:31:24 EST 2005

Bill:

     I believe this month's issue of QST (Nov) features a wire Yagi for 80M that uses coax on the outer elements to switch from director to reflector as required.   A short length of coax is permanently connected to provide capacitive loading to make the element a (shorter) director; a second length of coax is switched in via relays to lengthen the stub to provide inductive loading to convert the element into a (longer) reflector.  The DC lines to the two relay housings (large-ish PVC tubing and caps) are choked with torroids near the center coax feedpoint.

     Sounds like what you need?

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F