[TowerTalk] Tree attenuation

Cqtestk4xs@aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon Nov 7 19:45:46 EST 2005

Everything I have observed is trees make very little
difference at lower HF. My last house had vertical antennas
nestled in trees, and everything appeared to work as well as
any other stations in pileups. I can't imagine a horizontal
antenna being worse...........de W8JI
I would imagine there might be more of an effect with "juicy" trees, than
with dryer trees.  Along this line of thinking, you might get a break in the
winter when operating in a forest of deciduous trees rather than coniferous trees,
since the deciduous are not carrying as much water with various minerals in
the winter.  There may be a very small attenuation with the trees.  Just a
thought.

Bill  K4XS