[TowerTalk] base for very short Rohn 25G

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 9 11:20:43 EST 2005

Assuming you using a SB25G5 base section or tower base section, the Rohn
catalog specifies a 2 foot square or round hole 4 feet deep with at least 6
inches of compacted sand and gravel below for drainage.  Place concrete form
so that top of base is 4 inches above ground.  Place base section in center
of hole so that the lower legs protrude at least 2 inches into sand and
gravel.

I order 4000 lb concrete for all tower foundations.  This job should require
a bit less than a yard, depending on actual hole size.

73, Keith NM5G