[TowerTalk] ferrites for antenna tuners?

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 9 23:29:12 EST 2005

I'm designing a computer controlled matching network for HF (1.8-30 MHz),
and I'm looking for suggestions as to the type and size of the toroids to
use in the switchable inductors. Say we're handling currents/voltages at
1kW and higher levels (particularly where there's a lot of reactive
power).  Stacking toroids is fine to keep the flux reasonable at higher
turn numbers.  There's also a compromise between loss and heating of the core.