[TowerTalk] OK.... I am tired of cranking my tower by hand

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 08:40:43 EST 2005

i have been "going" to motorize my TX472 and havent
really gotten around to it , well , after cranking it
by hand several times over the past week i have had
enough.... anyone have a motorized 472 that they could
take some pictures of and send to me.... i am
intersted in the pulley arangement for the positive
pulldown etc... this has been discussed before on here
, but , i like to see pix for this kind of stuff... i
have a motor/gearbox/magnetic disc brake setup i hope
to use... the gear box can handle 79 ft lbs , the
brake is rated for 6 ft lbs (which i need to check
into) however i think i need a new motor as this one
is 3 phase...

thanks

Dan N8DCJ