[TowerTalk] Driving a 24 volt relay from 12 volts

Dave Anderson, K4SV davek4sv at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 15:33:53 EST 2005

Hi All,

A long time ago I had a circuit to allow driving a 24
volt relay from 12 volts.  It used a cap, diode and
resistor I think.  Without dragging through everything
I have saved over the years can anyone describe a
circuit or give me a URL where to find it.

The cap would be charged to 12 volts and when
activated would be in series with the relay coil until
it discharged and the 12 volts would hold the relay
closed.

The relay I have will hold down to about 8 volts once
closed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave K4SV