[TowerTalk] TailTwister is getting balky

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Mon Nov 21 09:55:10 EST 2005

This is a Wilson rotateable tower with the TailTwister mounted at the bottom.
It turns the whole tower.
There is no bind up as I can easily turn the tower by hand.

I just installed a new starting capacitor in the control box earlier this year. (I bought
two so I'd have a spare)

It is starting to not turn....
I hear the brake release, and if I give it a push by hand it will turn and continue
properly.
This started a few days ago, maybe coincidentally with the onset of some cold weather.
But it's mild yesterday and today and still a bit balky.

Before I bring it inside and open it up....any suggestions.
Should I try the spare cap just in case the one went soft?
The cable is less than 10' as the tower is just outside the shack wall.

"Monopoly? No, we just don't want competition."