[TowerTalk] balky TailTwister update

TexasRF@aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Tue Nov 22 17:40:55 EST 2005

I have seen the brake get lazy in these type rotators when they get some  age
on them. This is mostly a problem with longish cables needing to be made of
larger gauge wires. If this is the problem you can sometimes "get by" by
adding  a 6.3vac booster transformer in series with the two large leads that are
connected to the brake. You are using the large conductors for the brake,
right?

73/k5gw

In a message dated 11/22/2005 4:34:12 P.M. Central Standard Time,