[TowerTalk] Belt Slippage on LM-470 Towers

paul@w8aef.com paul at w8aef.com
Thu Nov 24 14:50:35 EST 2005

It could also be that the belt is too narrow and rides in the bottom of the pulleys.  The belt dressing is a good idea.  Even if it slips when first applied it will (should) reduce slippage in the future.

There doesn't seem to be a brand name on my belt.  There are two sets of numbers on it: 321 E 12 and 43517.  I think the 43517 is the manufacturers part number.  This is a belt that I purchased to replace the worn belt that came with the tower.  Sorry, can't remember where I obtained it, maybe an auto parts store.  This belt also has 'teeth', for lack of a better word.  It does not have the same continuous cross-section, it has teeth.

Also, the Tri-ex bill of materials calls for either a Dayco 4L410 or Gates 2410 belt.

de Paul, W8AEF