[TowerTalk] BEST MEDIUM SIZED TRIBANDER BEAM FOR CONTESTING?

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Mon Nov 28 06:35:11 EST 2005

The OptiBeam OB16-3 is an elephant gun.  Full sized 4 el on 20 and 15
and 8 el on 10.  It is not an optimized single bander but for the tower
challenged it is a terrific compromise.  I'm in the process of getting
the tower ready for a two stack of them at 40 and 80 feet.  Should get
about 3db more gain and bring the higher second lobe down considerably.

OptiBeams are VERY well made albeit quite expensive here due to the euro
conversion.  73 bob de w9ge