[TowerTalk] Ham IV question

NØATH N0ATH at Charter.net
Mon Nov 28 20:28:08 EST 2005

Hello John - I have just recently ran into an identical problem as you are describing. It was on
a tailtwister but that should make no difference. On it I replaced the zener diode in the meter.
I really would have never guessed that would work in this manner. Bingo - problem solved
for me at least. I hope I don't steer you in the wrong direction.. but this one has since been
working perfectly.
73 Dave / NØATH

How accurate should the control box indication be on a  Ham IV.  I've noticed recently that
what should be a 90 degree turn when viewed on the meter of the control box, appears to be
about 125 deg on the tower.

As I recall, all that's in the rotor is an exposed potentiometer .... and I can't figure out
how that could cause what I see. Anyone else notice a similar thing? How linear are these
indicators?

Thanks everyone,
John K5MO