[TowerTalk] Antenna wars

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue Nov 29 17:23:30 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/28/2005 5:08:01 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Could those advocates for a particular antenna please just  give one
objective measurement, namely forward gain in dBi with any  pertinent
conditions? Even a manufacture's spec would be helpful. I'm  shopping for
an antenna and I'm enjoying the various opinions. It would  be
interesting to compare those opinions with the specs...

You want real measurements? N0AX and I spent a lot of time testing HF  yagis
and verticals on the air and compared them to a reference antenna.  The
results are published in a couple of books available from _www.championradio.com_
(http://www.championradio.com) .

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC