[TowerTalk] Antenna design questions please

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Wed Nov 30 23:30:44 EST 2005

I was so concerned with trying to match the antenna on more than one
band that I forgot to address the basic issue of how the antenna will
perform.

On 160 meters for low angle signals, in its best direction it should be
down about 5 dB from a full size vertical with a good ground system.  In
its worst direction it should be down somewhere around 10 dB.  It is
basically a cloud warmer antenna, so receive noise should be high.

On 80 meters it is also a cloud warmer antenna.  Compared to a full size
vertical, for low angles it should be down 5 to 8 dB in all directions.

Jerry, K4SAV