[TowerTalk] Fw: Tashjian Towers

paul@w8aef.com paul at w8aef.com
Fri Sep 2 13:25:51 EDT 2005

I like my LM-470D and have found Tashjian to be easy to work with.

 I suggest you go with the motorized up/down as hand cranking gets old real
 quick.

 Also, make sure that the motorized up/down has positive pull down.  Without
 the positive pull down you may or may not be able to run the tower down
when
 the wind is blowing.

 My LM-470 has two tilt points.  One at the base for getting the tower
 vertical the first time, and another tilt point about 10' up for tipping
the
 tower over for antenna work.

 de Paul, W8AEF