[TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing Maintenance

Jim Plummer k8ary at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 3 19:36:46 EDT 2005

I recently took down my tower to relocate to another QTH.   The thrust bearing was a bit sluggish.  Upon disassembling, I found the roller bearings on the base mounting side to be a bit rusty and entire inside of the assembly dirty.  I cleaned the bearings and bearing races and reassembled.  This greatly improved the smoothness when turning.  I would like to replace the rusty bearings.  Does anyone have a source?  Also, my instincts dictate that this assembly should be lubricated.  What is the proper lubricant for this type of bearing?

de Jim - K8ARY