[TowerTalk] Source for 20' Mast

Jim kj0m at mchsi.com
Sat Sep 10 20:28:12 EDT 2005

On Sep 10, 2005, at 5:49 PM, Brian Maynard <b.k.maynard at verizon.net>
wrote:

> Hi Folks!
>
> For reasons I would rather not recount, I have a bent mast. I ordered
> a replacement from HRO - a USTowers M-20R 2" O.D. x 20' reinforced
> galvanized mast - listing at $259.  Turns out the shipping would run
> $600-900!
>
> My question is: What other options can I explore for masts of similar
> length & strength (I am 3 miles from the Atlantic Coast)? Are there
> other suppliers closer to Rhode Island?
>
> Thanks for any advice.  73, Brian, K1NW

I ordered and received a 22 foot chrome-moly mast from Array
Solutions for ~ $600, including shipping. I live in SD. The yield
strength is >100,000 PSI and it comes with a certificate, for
whatever that's worth. This was this past May after a big windstorm
here in SD. Perhaps shipping is more now with fuel prices as they
are, but I can't imagine it's that different. Mine was shipped from
NJ or MA, if I remember correctly.

I was using the 60,000 PSI stuff before that. Never again. I tried to
save on shipping by getting galvanized stuff sent right to my local
welding shop. Big mistake when the winds hit 70+ MPH, HI.

Jay is a real nice guy to work with. YMMV.

73,

Jim
KJ0M

._._.