[TowerTalk] stubs

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Mon Sep 12 20:55:33 EDT 2005

> Tom,
>
> Read your post...I'm confused.
>
> Define "MFJ Tuner/SWR Bridge"
> and "MFJ Tuner".
>
> Initially, I assumed you meant that you used a 259B to tune
> the stubs...then put them on line after the switch, and
> observed from an inline antenna tuner/swr bridge.

Yep, that'w what did (kinda sorta).  I put the stub on a "T" connector on
the 259 with a dummy load on the other side.  I got it where I wanted it,
then put it on the output of the switch.  Where I measured it from was right
at the output of the transmitter--through the line from the rig to the MFJ
tuner and line to the antenna switch.  I now know the error of my ways.

> These are open halfwave or shorted quarterwave stubs?
> Describe the switch itself.  And, finally, what is it you're trying
> to achieve?  Isolation between stations in a M/M environment?

These are both open and shorted bandpass stubs for station isolation in a 2
radio setup.  73
Tom W7WHY