[TowerTalk] Flair

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Tue Sep 13 16:56:59 EDT 2005

This is a better topic for a prop reflector.. but don't just turn off
because 20m dies.  Often during flares there are odd enhancements on 10m.  I
have also heard some great 75m signals out of Europe at the height of huge
aurora, not a bit of distortion on them at all.  So when flares hit try some
other antennas (had to get that in somewhere) out and you might be
surprised.  Or go out and take the time to put up a new antenna (see got in
a second one) or polish up the elements on an old antenna (3 times), or
brush the dust off your owl and make sure its still aligned with magnetic
north, or should that be true north(oops, let that one slip)??

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net