[TowerTalk] TH7 puzzle

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Tue Sep 13 22:45:22 EDT 2005

Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere in the antenna or coax
to the antenna.  Probably some oxidation.  Your amp is putting out
enough voltage to clear the oxidation and "weld" a connection, much the
same kind of thing you see happen with Christmas lights. Same thing will
happen with open frame relays used for antenna switching. After you make
a good connection using the amp, it is OK for a while until the
oxidation builds up again, and everything starts over.

Jerry, K4SAV