[TowerTalk] How flexible is standard LMR-400 ??

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 12:13:01 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/16/2005 9:06:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I have found the "comfortable" bending radius is about 1.5 feet (3 foot
loop), but you could get a loop quite a bit tighter without distorting the
center conductor.  I treat it similar to 1/2 inch hardline.

    The most common spec I've seen is the minimum bending radius is six times
the diameter; i.e. RG-8 = 0.5" x 6 = 3".

Cheers,
Steve   K7LXC
TOWER TECH
Professional tower services for commercial and amateur (until the end of the
year!)
Cell: 206-890-4188