[TowerTalk] Replacing guys and C31XR report

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 19 15:36:41 EDT 2005

>I will look into the Preformed ice cap.  In the meantime, do you have a
reference for how to use tie wraps?

My last batch of pre-formed guy grips for Phillystran came with ty-wraps and
instructions on how to install them.  I thought it was silly but put them on
anyway.  I had not thought about large pieces of ice sliding down the guy;
lucky to get ANY ice here in the Houston area.  IMO you would have to
experience a really bad ice storm on a really tall commercial tower for the
ice to knock the guy grip off the Phillystran.  I seriously question the
need for this in amateur radio installations.

73, Keith NM5G