[TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3WS

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Wed Sep 21 12:23:41 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/21/2005 9:05:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I am refurbishing my A3WS WARC beam.
Is it a good idea to UV protect the center fibreglass insulator with black
paint?

    What does the manufacturer say about painting it? Painting it would be a
violation of the LXC Prime Directive to "DO what the manufacturer says"
corollary which says "DON'T DO what they don't tell you". In any case I've never
seen one fail so I wouldn't worry about it.

>  What is the recomendet protection of fiberglass against UV?

    Well, I won't raise a big fuss if you tape that insulator piece but you
don't really need to do anything.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -