[TowerTalk] Drive-in Rohn Base for 25G

NØATH N0ATH at Charter.net
Wed Sep 21 22:55:28 EDT 2005

 Scott - You will probably get several replies on this one - In my opinion you shouldn't have any
problem doing this if your mounting bolts are into some real wood framing and not just into a thin
facer board - I had a similar setup years ago except I was higher above the brackets than you are
contemplating and I had considerable more weight ( 151 pounds ) sitting on the mast pipe.
The only problem I had was broken rotors and elongation in the bolt holes in the tower legs.
( Above the brackets) The tower was as solid as an anvil in cement.

Dave / NØATH

----- Original Message -----
From: "D. Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp at comcast.net>
To: <towertalk at contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:29 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Drive-in Rohn Base for 25G

I plan to put up a small and meager 25G tower, and bracket it the second
floor and to the first floor.  Total tower height will not exceed 35 feet
(10' above second floor bracket).  Antennas will be Hy-Gain TH3Mk4, possibly
a CC 5el 6M beam, and a 2M M2 2M9SSB....but I a being optimistic...

My question - Can I use the Rohn drive-in base plate for the tower?  If so,
to what antennas am I limited - if just VHF, that would be OK....

Thanks in Advance

Scott, aka KBØFHP