[TowerTalk] fiberglass guys...

StellarCAT RXDesign at ssvecnet.com
Thu Sep 22 14:42:44 EDT 2005

I knew someone would have to be offended.... my apologies as an offense was not intended. Funny that you felt "comfortable" with
 Bill's statement about "cheaping out" when it was directed at those installing EHS!

My point - again - is that MECHANICALLY - steel is superior to Philly. I cannot and did not comment about poly as I do not know
anything about its stretch. The FACT is that philly DOES stretch much more than steel. As simple as that. So I, emphasis on I, I
decided to take this variable to the maximum safety factor and to compromise on the other factors. Obviously you and others
compromised in a different manner and that is perfectly fine - your decision - only do not (as Bill did) lessen our decision if we
decide to go with Steel with insulators. It is not simply $'s that this decision is made on.

Based on your description (but not knowing what poly does) I would have probably considered elsewise... but I am not going with
 verticals and the like.

[PS: the guys/insulators are using preforms so no "maintenance" as you suggest is needed - at least not that I am aware of.]

Again - my apologies.

g.