[TowerTalk] Digging a tower foundation hole

k0dan k0dan at comcast.net
Fri Sep 23 00:09:35 EDT 2005

Agreed on all points. And in addition, when/if you do get access for heavy
equipment, you should consider the pros and cons of of having backhoe +
bobcat + concrete truck dig/move/pour, as well as your labor to fabricate
forms, remove them, backfill, etc., etc., versus perhaps having a well
drilling rig come in and drill a 3' or 4' diameter hole (refer to tower
specs for required base volume).

We opted for the well drilling rig, and believe it saved us a lot of cost
and labor, and only had to build a modest form above ground level to hang
the tower base and re-rebar. Your mileage may vary.

GL es 73

Dan
K0DAN