[TowerTalk] Antenna Switching - Complexity for its own sake?

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 11:20:36 EDT 2005

There was some fairly harsh criticism last week of the
automatic antenna selector unit design published in
this month's QST. I only just received my magazine so
wasn't able to read the article until now.

The author explains his reasons for using a
microprocessor, and for not using the band information
available from some transceivers. Whilst his
implementation is not the way I would (have tried to)
have done it, it seems to me that it was an infinitely
better use of QST space than showing us another way to
make a 2m j-pole from beer cans and coat hangers.

73 Roger
VE3ZI