[TowerTalk] 160/80M receive antenna

Richard W. Harris Richard_Harris at byu.edu
Thu Sep 22 12:20:25 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've been working on a 160M shunt-fed tower.  Coming along nicely so
far.  Hope to be tuning this week.

Now, what to do for 160/80M receive antenna?  I have about 1 acre of
ground with tower about 75% towards west of property and 25% towards
north.

I do not have the luxury or large real estate to put out beverages etc.
I've gotten some suggestions for things I might look into but I am
interested in any suggestions anyone in this group has that I might
consider or look into.

Here is my layout:

Property dimensions about 120' (north-south) by 280' (east to west)

I have a single 72 foot tower with 20' mast (70' from west edge and 30'
from north edge of property)

I have a row of tall trees only along the west side of property (50-70'
cottonwoods). No other tall trees.

Chainlink fence running on west end of my and adjacent property
extending about 1000+ feet north to south

My home is about 24 feet above grade on the west end of home and 75 feet
from tower.

Any/all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard - KJ7CU