[TowerTalk] Distance between Guys and Antennas?

Rex Lint rex at lint.mv.com
Fri Sep 23 13:03:35 EDT 2005

Frank,

You say "Rohn's engineering drawings show guys installed at the top and some

distance down."  When I look at the info at
http://www.rohnnet.com/ROHNNET/rohnnet2001/catalog/pdfs/25G/25G-9.pdf
I see only one set of guys, 50 ft. each, and they hook on at the 38 foot
point, for the 110MPH wind loading version.  What engineering drawings are
you looking at?

I'd just put insulators in to break up the guys and not worry any more about
it.

For question 3, I'd guess guys that are any closer than 1.2 * 10^2 thumbs
should be broken up.

Regards,

Rex Lint, K1HI
26 Brek Dr.