[TowerTalk] climbing BX style towers

Jim Hoge knowkode at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 25 15:27:54 EDT 2005

Greetings,

I have had a few maintenance jobs on BX style towers and I alway end up with bruised feet after a climb. I wear a heavy boot with steel shanks in the soles but the problem is the bruising that occurs on the top outside of my feet. When working on a tower with x bracing, my feet are forced into the corner of the x brace and the vertical member. It always seems that the flat steps are never in the right place. I am ready to swear off of this style tower after one more climb. Are there any tricks of the trade to avoid the problems I've encountered?

Tnx,
Jim
W5QM