[TowerTalk] ground radials connecting to chain link fence

ersmar@comcast.net ersmar at comcast.net
Mon Sep 26 00:00:46 EDT 2005

Richard:

     One of my shunt-fed tower's short radials (35 feet) is connected to the galvanized screening on the corral fence that encircles the back yard.  (I neglected to tell you this in my previous e-mails.)  I scraped off the corrosion on one strand of wire and used a split-bolt connector and anti-corrosion compound to connect the radial to that spot.

     I consider this my chicken soup radial - It might not help but it can't hurt.  For your installation I would suggest you get your tower operating properly WITHOUT the fence, then add it into the mix and tell us what happened.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F