[TowerTalk] satellite tracking rig/antenna/setup

Reicher, James JReicher at hrblock.com
Fri Sep 30 09:18:56 EDT 2005

George,

So much of your set-up for satellites and/or EME depends on how many
trees and other obstructions of the sky you have.  I'm fortunate; my
yard has no trees over 20 feet high and no tall buildings of any kind
around me.  I've got my crossed yagis attached to the chimney, just high
enough to clear the roof.  I've talked to others whose yards are
completely obscured by trees.  They have to have 100'+ towers, just to
clear the foliage.  My best suggestion is that you take this topic to
the AMSAT BB.  You can post to it, even if not a member.  The address is
amsat-bb at amsat.org

73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO